floating

2006/11/19
stare





I once talked to a boy who liked to go to the ocean and stare. A lot of jokes followed his statement: I mean men – they al love to stare.

Yet I find myself here, in a strange world for me, doing my own staring, it is that boy's world, world yet to be discovered world hidden by a veil of time. Only excuses restrain me from removing the veil to see the young beautiful bride and kiss her. There is still time and I will make it mine; we will love each other like newlyweds.

I am here behind the green fence of the balcony and I knew it will be my favorite place the minute I walked into the room. I opened the balcony door leaned on a bar-like fence, took a deep breath of smoggy air, exposed my ears to loud repeating sound of honking and treat my nose with a smell of something burning. My common sense woke me up from the ecstasy of all new senses, when I realized I was leaning on a dirty fence. I left my watch tower with sadness, rushed into the bathroom wet some towels and rushed back to my comfort place and wiped it clean, now I can be here without any restrictions.

Beep, beep – left, beep- get out of my way, sounds of old machines, loud music from a car.


A lot of people on the streets even at this time of the day when ghosts get out to frighten them while walking amongst the garbage, cars in a hurry barely avoiding accidents, people waiting to cross, nearly got hit but they walk the road like nothing happened.
Just below me there's a coffee place with fragrant smells of shisha going up. I follow the smoke cloud and above in the building next to me I see clothes drying on a rope there's a TV playing behind the curtained window - what a privacy intrusion.

Beep, beep again.

I start searching for pyramids; they said this hotel has a great view over pyramids. But there are no, they fooled us.

I’m too tired to write although my thoughts are almost raping me, demanding to put them on paper and clear them from my mind in order to get new impressions in. even when the mind is strong it can be prevailed by physical impotence. I fall asleep with a notebook and a pen in my hands.

The sound of beeping welcomes me into a beautiful morning. Wrapped into a bed sheet I open the curtains to a beautiful sunny morning welcoming me from all sides. Sleepy eyes and smog make this place look like in a fairytale and behind the curtain of smog I see them, a present to modern days a reminder to learn from history. I yell as if I was alone in the whole universe: “Gogi, piramide (Gogi, the pyramids!)!”


Hugged close to each other bound by a common way of looking we stood there and let the universe follow our pace.
posted by calamity @ 11/19/2006 05:55:00 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 20/11/06 2:43 am, Blogger Zee said…

    jealousy creeps like a little yellow worm into your golden apple of egyptian adventures...

     
  • At 20/11/06 6:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I really like your blog :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: calamity
Home: ptuj, štajerska, Slovenia
About Me: ehhh
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER