floating

2006/11/18
my first time
I’m planning to post some of the thoughts and descriptions that were created in Egypt. There were many things I wrote there but I think it would be in order for me to start at the beginning.


It was the first time for me to fly although my blog could deceive you into believing that I float regularly. I must admit I was a bit nervous and I don't think I would ever go on the plane if I knew with which airline we were flying.

We waited for hours at the airport and Ljubljana airport is so small that I know every inch of it by now. Since there were no shops open (it was Sunday) me and Gogi (bf) were sitting in the café the whole time. I was so bored that I read the airport’s publication which I think was a waste of time. When we did all the formalities we were taken to the airplane. I got really nervous when I saw what it said: Egypt air. All sorts of stuff immerged into my head, but mostly I remembered some black humor jokes concerning Egypt air, the jokes were told to me not knowing that I would ever fly with them, they were funny, but now that I was boarding the plane it got horrifying. But nothing bad happened as you see I’m still here to tell the story.


When our captain stated the welcome talk it was in Arabic at first and then at one point the talk sounded kind of English, and soon one could recognize some English words hidden in an off tune melody, people started laughing and I got scared their laugh will be punished with us crashing.

The stewardesses were nice, not veiled as I expected, the food was decent, the music and films were cool.
Sometime after the dinner I fell asleep. Don't know who to blame: the pilot for driving nice or my father-in-law for making me consume some sedatives.
I woke up when we were over Alexandria and I admired the night view all the way to Cairo airport.

After too much time spent at the airport (they said waiting is necessary in Arabic world and that we should get used to the slow rhythm) we headed to our buses. I was looking around curiously like a small child in a candy shop, everything amazed me, I wanted to walk all over the city and get to know it, but I felt tired and strange, I couldn't believe I was really there.

When I looked at the foreign sky the moon was as if smiling to us, welcoming us: “come and enjoy.”


And so we did: we went to our hotel and fell asleep.

:P

Labels: , ,

posted by calamity @ 11/18/2006 06:34:00 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 19/11/06 1:40 am, Blogger Zee said…

    I enjoyed reading about your trip - thanks!
    Also, the new layout of your blog is cool - and it loads faster than the previous one.

     
  • At 19/11/06 9:48 am, Blogger calamity said…

    thank you: for reading it, for enjoying it, for positive impressions and for layout information. :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: calamity
Home: ptuj, štajerska, Slovenia
About Me: ehhh
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER