floating

2006/08/23
Changing location by moving back and forth and in every direction

I was so sad when you didn't show up, I was so sad sitting all alone on my swing without the warm wind blowing and taking me to the heights of life.

I was just there hanging on the promise of your arrival, my feet touching the deep ground, the cold grey ground, the unfertile soil.

Unable to part from the swing I knew the wind would come, I just didn't know when. Prepared to wait, used to it, patience has become a new skill I have learned.

I will swing, I will reach sky and beyond. Not scared of the heights of never endings, not alone, but wrapped in my warm wind that’s all around my body keeping me safe, keeping me home.
And the universe and all that one can not behold will be clear, and I will fear nothing. Everything will make sense. Nothing will be uncertain in this certainty of wind.

When the wind comes you can cut the rope that holds the swing to an imaginary tree. We don't need it.
posted by calamity @ 8/23/2006 05:01:00 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 24/8/06 5:19 am, Blogger Kourtney said…

    WOW! You did a great job making me see how vulnerable the person on the swing was! Isn't funny, that when you swing, it some how makes you seem like you can fly away from it all if you just get high enough!

     
  • At 24/8/06 2:07 pm, Blogger calamity said…

    that person on the swing is me, not in general, but under certain circumstances. i get like this, i feel like i could break for any reason, and it gets really stupid the things that break me are just too ordinary to have any effect on a person. i know i'm silly.
    yes
    the swing you just gave me an idea when you said this. i'll post the thoughts that just hit me. i hope you don't mind if i'l use your words

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: calamity
Home: ptuj, štajerska, Slovenia
About Me: ehhh
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER