floating

2006/09/18
fights
Now a total opposite to what I wrote the last time.

When you love someone you would do anything to keep it going, to keep them love you, you would even hurt them just to keep it interesting so they are never bored with you and you are never bored with them.
You always try to be the best, do the best and you also want your significant other to do the same, you want you two to be perfect.
You want the honey part to last forever even though everybody has been telling you this is not how things work.
Well we managed to keep the honey part so long and it doesn’t seem to be fading away. They say the marriage and the kids could bring those changes, but as I’m still studying I don’t see those coming any time soon so I guess we’re still cool.
But besides all that we had our share of fights. We had nothing to fight for to be honest. But we did fight. You know those small meaningless fights that are just too stupid to describe to anybody, when you are being silly and want things to be even more perfect than the ideal.
We had a lot of those. They were so severe we both end up crying, wanting to dye, to do something in order to prove how much we really loved each other.
It’s been some time since our last fight. He was in Germany at that time and we had to fight over the phone. In the end he couldn’t hold me and tell me thing will be just fine as he always did. I couldn’t look into his eyes to see if he means everything he says. We talked and we talked. I was pretty mean towards him, called him names, I wanted to hurt him as much as he hurt me. He listened and sucked in every word because he knew it was his fault. It ended up with me being sorry for the mean things I had told him and him being sad for hurting me. He came home the next day and we felt like a re-born couple. More than five months have passed since then and we didn’t repeat the mistake I have a feeling we are getting there though.
The important thing is that we would never let those things tear us apart we would always talk things out and make compromises.

I had to write this, because it suffocated me.
And the question stays: why do we even need those fights?
And even if I get thousands of answers and even if some of those seem right we will still fight because we care about each other this much.
posted by calamity @ 9/18/2006 11:51:00 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 18/9/06 7:09 pm, Blogger Kourtney said…

    I, for one, think some fighting is healthy. Obvioulsy if you fight more than not and the fights are unhealthy and not your typical expression of concerns then sure not a good thing. I think when couples NEVER fight, they are holding back some of their true feelings. No one and no relationship is perfect and those imperfections need to be voiced from time to time to ensure growth. :)

     
  • At 20/9/06 10:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think fighting can be healthy, also. It's good to air out our feelings occasionally. But being fair when fighting is also important.
    I think you can feel closer to someone right after a fight than you ever have.
    It sounds like you have a great attitude, so I wouldn't worry too much.

     
  • At 22/9/06 6:25 pm, Blogger calamity said…

    i agree with both of you

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: calamity
Home: ptuj, štajerska, Slovenia
About Me: ehhh
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER