floating

2006/11/27
pyramids
A lot of people wonder about pyramids and are amazed by their immenseness, to me they’re like a sung out tune. Now that I’ve seen them there are no more than a pile of stone (as they were before), sure they are old, sure it was hard to build them, but I don’t interact with stone I’m no materialist, I went to Egypt to see its soul.

“But the pyramids are so huge, amazing, blah, blah, blah,” one may say. I never was amazed by this fact maybe because due to my shortness I get to be amazed at tall things all the time and this time was no different. One should see me walking indifferent taking the pics so I could show them to people at home who are into that shit.



However we did interact with locals there, interact my ass: it was bargaining competition, and at the end we ought to be happy since we got a “good” price (as if).

I left the pyramids with the same feelings I thought I would no matter how I tried to embrace them, they were just too big.

Labels: ,

posted by calamity @ 11/27/2006 03:38:00 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 27/11/06 4:18 pm, Blogger Octavian said…

    Sometimes it's difficult to embrace things that we feel we cannot fully comprehend.

    Of course, we seem to ever fully comprehend everything. Are we even sure what comprehending actually means?

    I've always wanted to go to Egypt. Thanks for your insightful comments.

     
  • At 27/11/06 11:22 pm, Blogger calamity said…

    if you want to go to egypt you should go and make your own impressions about it i can tell things only from my point of view. although if you wish and if you have any questions go ahead and ask i would be more than happy to provide you with advices and answers.

    it is so true what you said about comprehending things, maybe i should look at all things in life without needing to understand them :)

     
  • At 29/11/06 4:58 pm, Blogger Aisha said…

    "never was amazed by this fact maybe because due to my shortness I get to be amazed at tall things all the time and this time was no different."

    looool! that's what my friends feel when they're around me :p

    i always was amazed by the pyramids.. not because of their structure but because of the history that they're involved with.. im very much a history lover, and i find ancient egypt fascinating... so i think im more awed by them because of what they symbolize - not the actual apperance.

    but i know how you feel. i mean i dont think id go to a country to see a monument.

     
  • At 29/11/06 5:26 pm, Blogger calamity said…

    yea the history part is great but we get to know about it so much and there are so many documentaries on it that it just feels like it is: OLD

    my plan wasn't to go there and look at the monuments i wanted to see their social life, the rhytm of the country although i payed attention i got a lot less then i hoped for

    maybe next time when the two of us go together :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: calamity
Home: ptuj, štajerska, Slovenia
About Me: ehhh
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER