floating

2006/12/14
i have so many notes i wanted to share with you, but somewhere along the way i got bored of sharing, writting, life...everything. so i think i'm entitled to a new start.

first of all i'm going to shortly sum up all the things i wanted to tell you about.

1. bazars in egypt aren't our cup of coffee: dealers drag you around, forcing you to buy and bargain - maybe we got this impression cos we were tired when visiting the bazar, but when we returned to it we just took a walk and never did our shopping there anymore (i learned arabic nubers and got better deals in shops). althuogh a nice thing happened to me on bazar, a guy turned to me and yelled across the "street" : "See you in heaven." I don't know why this means so much to me since i'm agnostic.

2. hurgada has nice sea rich with beautiful corals and fish



3. i hate egyptian food, it's so different from ours: I LOVE PLAIN FOOD. i was hungry most of the time there, fortunately we found mcdonalds which i despise when i'm not in egypt

4. although we never drank tab water (we bought water to wash our teeth) and we didn't eat any vegetables or fruit we got digestion problems

5. a cat knows a cat

6. i got a massage in hurgada, twice actually and it was great, the first one was freaky. well a funny story is behind these masages,if anybody is interested then tell me and i'll write it for ya.



me just after the massage

7. there was a man in a store in hurgada and he knew a silly slovene word, he was so funny, but always ready to make a good deal.

8. 26 of us drove in a van for 9 people maybe ( i think it's called shuttle)

9. shisha parties at the seaside rule



10. i love the desert, i love riding camels



11. pillows in egyptian hotels were great

12. i made good friends with a pair in our tour grupe and we had a teary goodbye at the airport - my first



13. we went out to a restaurant that had large windows and stared at egyptian people, mostly women and children who were stuningly beautiful

14. cairo's city stars reminded me of home (westernised-compared to other places in egypt, yet with a touch of their own): spinneys was like our spar (i even got some priveledges there from a shop assistant who ignored the long line in order to be of my service first - i just loved him since i hate waiting in line), joffrey's was the only place i've been in egypt that serves decent coffee, do they still play sting's desert rose there?



15. said salam alecom to a men and he maade such a big deal out of it, he took my hand, sat me in his chair and talked pretty to me

16. we were noticed on every step in egypt: welcomings, waving, smiling,ccssks, and questions like: what's your name, where you from, how are you

17. mosques were much more interesting than our churches



18. al-ahzar park was the only green spot i noticed

19. we went to the city of dead: where people live on cemetary



20. some girls hit on gogi in gad restaurant and i wasn't jealous: he would have to be muslim to get together with them, and if he wants to become muslim they will cut his penis first and i knew he wouldn't be fond of it :P

21. a freakin a lot of people wanted to take pics of us or with us, if you're from cairo and u know 10 people one of them has a picture of us :P some funny events happened here



22. we walked from citadel, through whole khan el khalili to downtown near restaurant gad - anybody knows how many kilometers we made? (it took us 1 h 40 min)

23. my clevage tops caused a lot of uncomfortable staring so i covered my exposed parts with a scarf



24. gogi called osama bin laeden twice

25. people there are shorter than in europe, i felt good about my heights for once

26. egyptians are mostly nice ther were practically no incidents except one guy grabbing my ass and another one rubbing against me while waiting in a line

So this is it about egypt.

Labels:

posted by calamity @ 12/14/2006 04:47:00 pm  
7 Comments:
  • At 14/12/06 8:26 pm, Blogger Zee said…

    oh wow ... the story goes on!
    nice pictures ...

     
  • At 15/12/06 7:08 pm, Blogger Aisha said…

    hey :)
    uve been tagged!
    check new post for info.. if blogger actually succeeds in publishing it that is

     
  • At 26/5/07 11:30 pm, Blogger JuSt_hUmAn said…

    "20. some girls hit on gogi in gad restaurant and i wasn't jealous: he would have to be muslim to get together with them, and if he wants to become muslim they will cut his penis first and i knew he wouldn't be fond of it :P"
    ..
    First of all what you said about cutting the penis is totally wrong.

    And I don't think it's Acceptable to offend the Islam and all the muslims just to be funny while writing ur diary in ur blog.

    The muslims includes most of the Egyptians who hosted you in their country and were nice to you.
    what did you do to them in return?...
    you offended them by talking about their religion in such a sarcastic way!
    thank you!

     
  • At 29/5/07 10:04 pm, Blogger calamity said…

    i thought i was right, what you know, one learns every day

    i didn't write this to be offensive i just wrote things as i perceived them. if anything i'm curious but i neve wanted to be ofensive at least not intentionally.

    i don't know about your rules and boundaries of offensiveness, boundaries here are set much further than yours are, we can talk about this kind of stuff unlimited here. this in my world is not offensive and as such it wasn't meant to be offensive to you but our boundaries are different and you look at my writing just from your point of view.

    egyptians were nice to me, true...mostly.

    in return i' would do the same to any of them and what is more i wouldn't be offended if they saw our world different and interesting.

    i don't think it is acceptable you come to my blog and talk about what and how i should write, i don't think it's acceptable for you to come here and judge so harshly when you don't even know me and when you don't even understand my intentions, i don't thnk it is acceptable that you missinteroret my words. but hey you still do it :P

     
  • At 30/5/07 10:56 pm, Blogger JuSt_hUmAn said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 31/5/07 2:59 am, Blogger JuSt_hUmAn said…

    when you talk about any issue then you have to know what you are talking about..and you have to be sure of any piece of information you list..as long as it isn't an opinion.
    And when it is an issue concerning other people then you should be PRETTY SURE about it.
    plus I won't believe that an educated person would think that we cut our penises !!!!
    how do we marry,have sex and breed then?
    ..
    about the rules and the boundaries of offence..they are almost the same in all the world..
    John Rowland Ashton (an english writer) said...""Your freedom ends where my nose begins."..
    was he an egyptian too? lol
    ..
    you aren't free to insult me or my religion..and when you do I DO HAVE all the right to criticize what you wrote !
    ..
    "egyptians were nice to me, true...mostly.

    in return i' would do the same to any of them and what is more i wouldn't be offended if they saw our world different and interesting."

    I didn't feel offended cuz u saw my world different and interesting..
    I felt offended cuz you talked about my religion in an Inappropriate way..
    won't you feel offended if I gave false informations about ur religion and talked about it in a sarcastic way?!!(which I'll never do..cuz my relegion tells me not to do so)..I doubt that!
    ..
    what you don't know about us that when we offend anyone we feel and say sorry..not argue and feel arrogant to say sorry I was wrong !

     
  • At 31/5/07 9:16 pm, Blogger calamity said…

    lol did you actually think i'm that stupid to believe you cut off you thingies? if that's not an insault. you see i know where children come from. i was talking about circumcision - you don't do that? i was pretty sure you do.

    i hope i didn't limit your freedom by expressing my in my particular manner. if you had a feeling i did then i should say i'm sorry but i won't because i would write that or something like that again without thinking of assaulting you or anybody but just for the puppose of free writing on MY blog. so it has no meaning if i say i'm sorry if i don't intend to change that.

    you do have the right to criticize, but i still don't have to think it is appropriate.

    about you offending me which you would never do, i don't get offended that easily. but if i was i would try to explain the whole thing and tell you how it is, not just say you're wrong, maybe i would even laugh if you found a strange point of view.

    maybe you should try to offend me just to test my reaction.

    and circumcision wasn't meant in this post to be a bad thing, just something my bf would not do, because he fears surgery especially down there :S

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: calamity
Home: ptuj, štajerska, Slovenia
About Me: ehhh
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Duis ligula lorem, consequat eget, tristique nec, auctor quis, purus. Vivamus ut sem. Fusce aliquam nunc vitae purus.

Links
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER